2020 PTEC Conference Announcements
*Stay tuned for continuous updates and announcements as the 2020 PTEC Annual Conference date approaches!
2020 PTEC Annual Conference: Call for Presentations
Submission Deadline: January 15, 2020
The PTEC Board welcomes proposals for presentations for the 2020 PTEC Annual Conference, July 8-10, 2020 St. Petersburg, FL
With a focus on teaching and learning, PTEC invites you to submit presentations sharing knowledge and skills relating pharmacy technician educators to student success. Proposals in the following areas are encouraged; however, proposals for other topics are also welcome:
Items are ranked according to member feedback:
- Teaching and preparing technicians for advanced roles (sterile preparation, informatics, medication reconciliation, MTM, pharmacy audits, management, immunizations)
- Active / Engaged Learning (classroom and lab instruction)
- USP updates such as USP 795, USP 797, and USP 800;
- National organization updates (HOSA, PTCB, ASHP, ACTE, ACPE, AACP, NHA)
- Pressing issues in experiential education
- Assessment used to improve teaching and learning (curriculum mapping and alignment)
- Accreditation tracts such as meeting standards, site visit preparation, self study reporting, and post visit reporting
- Legislative or regulatory issues such as Board of Pharmacy composition and practice acts and 340b
- Technology and software such as gaming, using mobile devices (iPads, tablets), "apps", virtual software (MyDispense)
- Patient and Medication Safety
- Program Development such as curriculum design, alignment, and/or marketing
- Explore the need for uniform technical standards
- Interprofessional collaboration
- Pedagogy (best practices)
- Critical thinking
- Roundtables (pharmacy workforce, collaboration, recruitment, social media, identifying and establishing mentors for educators, useful resources for educators, professional development, marketing, recruitment)
- Emotional intelligence
- Diversity training
- Advisory committee involvement
- Collaborations with colleges/schools of Pharmacy and/or other allied health programs
- Test item writing
Please submit a 50-word presentation abstract and 3-4 related objectives (pharmacist/technician objectives can be the same or categorized separately) using the Presentation Abstract Form (PAF) by January 15, 2020.
Presenters will be notified by email by February 1, 2020.
Please note not every proposal may be accepted for presentation during the conference. Travel to and from the conference as well as lodging is the responsibility of the presenter. If your proposal is chosen, the presenter will be compensated with a $300.00 honorarium.
If you have questions or challenges with the PAF please e-mail Anne LaVance @ email@example.com.
Award Nominations for Phil Naut and Roy Kemp Awards
Beginning in 2001, PTEC has recognized members who have distinguished themselves by providing significant contributions to the field of pharmacy technician education. The two honors that PTEC may present are the Roy Kemp award, which honors the pharmacy technician educator of the year, and the Phil Naut award, which honors the associate member of the year. For a description of each award visit the "About PTEC" page! The deadline for award submissions is June 23, 2020.
Submissions can be made via:
For any questions about submitting an award nomination please reach out to Ann Barnes, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org